Below is a link to download our Spring 2019 update from Gilgal.
• Pray for our country during this time of remembering our beloved families, friends who died during the genocide against Tutsi in 1994.
• Pray for Gilgal church and Bloomfield Church partnership to last and be productive.
• Pray for Our youth, choirs to get music instruments (piano, Guitars, laptop, camera, and projector) to improve their manner of worship and praise.
• Pray for Gilgal Bible College, the new government policy require people who preach, pastors to have theological skills.
• Children at risk.
• Widows (some are genocide survivors).
• HIV Positive group (Loved ones is a group of 22 people living with HIV/AIDS , who really need care and support for their daily life).
• Refugees (one of our local church located in refugee camp).
Tearfund’s country representative in Rwanda reflects on the journey the nation has made in the 25 years since the genocide.
Below is a link to download our Autumn 2018 update from Gilgal via Tearfund.
● For Gilgal Evangelical Church and Bloomfield Presbyterian Church’s partnership to be lasting
● For Gilgal’s youth choirs who hope to improve their worship and praise by obtaining musical
● For Gilgal’s pastors, that they are able to obtain and meet new government policies which
require all pastors and people who preach to have theological training.
● For vulnerable children and their families. Pray that parents experience positive mindset
change which reconciles families, and creates positive environments in which children are able
to return to school and flourish.
● For widows (some of whom are genocide survivors), for their comfort and emotional support
and the development of their families.
● For refugees. One of Gilgal’s local churches is located in a refugee camp for Congolese. Pray
for their country’s peace.
● About disaster risks. Last March and April Rwanda experienced heavy rains which caused loss
of life and destroyed infrastructure. As a country of 1000 hills, water protection projects are
most useful. Please pray for projects like these and for communities as they respond a such
● About unemployment. Especially for our youth, and for vocational training centres to help with
the learning of practical skills and the creation of jobs.
● And please pray for peace and security to prevail in both our countries.
Below is a link to download our Summer 2018 update from Gilgal via Tearfund as a PDF document.
During our morning service Dr Bunini brought greetings from Gilgal Evangelical Church. He also brought many gifts for the boys and girls - pictures and letters from the children in Gilgal; gifts for PW from the women; and a gift presented to our minister Rev Dr Frank Sellar for the whole church.
Dr Bunini preached about forgiveness reminding us of the forgiveness we receive in Christ and the importance of forgiving one another. He shared a little about the genocide in Rwanda and the importance of forgiveness in the aftermath.
We are thankful to Pelagie for joining us to help with translation.
Our Children's slot song was 'Hosanna' which we learned from the boys and girls at Gilgal.
Dr Bunini joined us on our final evening of our week of prayer to say thank you to Bloomfield for our partnership with Gilgal Evangelical Church. He spoke on Matthew 21:22 and shared some prayer points for Gilgal church and its people. We look forward to hearing more from him on Sunday.
Today was the first day of Dr Bunini's visit to Northern Ireland and to Bloomfield. We have a busy schedule planned for him and following an early morning meeting today with Rev Frank Sellar and John McKibbin, Clerk of Session he enjoyed a tour and lunch at Parliament Buildings, Stormont. We are looking forward to the rest of the week and hearing the good news of how our relationship with our brothers and sisters in Gilgal is growing.
Bill and Graham today updated Bloomfield having returned from their recent successful trip to Rwanda. Please continue to keep in your prayers everyone involved in this developing partnership - please see the Prayer Requests link!
The future on her back.
This trip has been mentally exhausting for me. So much information in such a short time. It has also been a trip of contrasts. From the glitz and glamour that is the new Kigali city to the poverty of the Rwandan countryside.
I have been inspired by the work of TearFund, AESD and Gilgal Church. At last I finally get it, I feel I understand what our brothers and sisters in Rwanda are doing and how they are doing it.
Today was a day of celebration in Gilgal Church and rightly so but the final photograph I took on leaving just about sums up the whole trip for me. This mother is carrying the future of Rwanda on her back and we as Christians and members of Bloomfield Presbyterian Church are privileged to be playing a small part in securing the future of her, her child and many others like them.
Tomorrow we start our journey home and will soon be back with you. In signing off, can I say a BIG thank you for your faithfulness in praying for us throughout this trip.
May God bless you all.
Graham and Bill